As a recent college graduate, I'm moving out to Chicago to get a job and pay off some loans. After growing up in the same place for 18 years, I've learned to love travel and exploring new places. I'd be excited to move someplace new under any circumstances, but the ridiculous abundance of websites and web utilities these days has me even more excited to see what I can turn up. I have a handful of great friends I hope to convince to move here before long, so it seems like it might be useful to track where I've been.
This blog will, thus, catalog my favorite finds (online and off) as someone new to the area. I'll be living on the North side and have a penchant for food, volunteering, coffee and bargains, so it's likely these factors will influence what I find.
Thanks for coming!
Links for the area
- Chicago Cares: connect with volunteer opportunities
- Chicago Reader: independent paper, helpful links
- Chicago Sun Times: more news, different paper
- Chicago Tribune: one kind of news
- Chicagoist: a blog of great events and things
- Menupages: search for food or restaurants
- Museum Free Days: learn new things for $0
- Neighborhood Map: where are you headed?